As companies move to the “Talent Cloud,” the future of teamwork will be challenged.
Conference calls fail. Consider a recent study by Intercall, which revealed what people are doing while on conference calls. Yikes!
- “In the middle of the woods during a hiking trip”
- “Outside while grilling and getting a tan”
- “The tunnel leading to NYC”
- “A truck stop bathroom”
- “McDonald’s Playplace”
- “Behind a church during a wedding rehearsal”
- “The racetrack”
- “At a pool in Las Vegas”
- “Fitting room while trying on clothes”
- “The closet of a friend’s house during a party”
- “Hospital ER”
- “Chasing my dog down the street because she got out of the house”
A better solution is video-conference or video chat. Be it a formal system or simply Skype, Zoom or FaceTime, you’ll be remarkable results.
Sure, there’s learning curve, but you have no choice: Make the leap to video communications and make every conference call “fight for its life!”
For those who attended Upwork’s Work Without Limits summit, my presentation deck is parked here.